And don't even get me started about all the things that confuse me about Blogher.
Mostly I think it's because I barely have time to write the minimum two posts a week I have committed myself to in the first place.
But at times, I grow frustrated that I don't have more followers or comments or invitations to guest post or, to say, pen my memoir.
But you know what? That's okay for now. Because I am writing and loving it! There's something about hitting "publish" and getting e-mail notifications about new comments that makes my heart happy.
When people tell me about a particular post that they enjoyed or resonated with them? I'm touched, and satisfied that I am doing what I set out to do. I want to use my gift of writing to make people feel good and give them a little enjoyment and understanding in this crazy world.
I don't always hit the mark, as I have deleted a couple posts that were so bad they were embarrassing. And sometimes ones I love aren't my readers' favorites.
And sometimes, I make mistakes, like accidentally deleting instead of publishing three comments on my "Doggone Vacation" post - sorry Meredith, Heidi, and kmaeser, your comments were lovely, but I lost them :(.
One of my favorite parts about this blogging thing is "getting to know" people. Whether it is someone new who follows my blog or likes my Facebook page, I feel like I have gotten to know the regular readers and commenters, and it's fun. It's fun to know that there is someone out there who might be like me, or have a life like me, or who understands me.
And when one of them nominates me for an award?? Well, shucks, there's nothing better than that! My cyber friend, Steph from The Healthy Mom, nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thanks, Steph!
It is an award that’s given to fairly new blogs with 200 or fewer followers. This is a way of giving recognition to bloggers for a job well done. It brings undiscovered blogs to the light and helps them gain exposure to attract more followers.
I love Steph's blog, and I'm honored that she likes mine as well! Hers is funny, touching and helpful all at the same time. Plus, she is a mom of boys, too, so she just "gets it!" I'd like to think if we knew each other IRL (that stands for In Real Life, one of the new things I've learned recently), we'd be dishing right now while our boys tear up some bouncy place together. Steph wrote a Father's Day guest post for me that was very sweet and touching.
Being nominated for a Liebster comes with a few guidelines…
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. You must link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs you think deserve some recognition. Remember they have to have 200 followers or less when presented with a Liebster!
5. Make sure you let the bloggers you nominated know they have a Liebster! Leave a comment on their blog, DM on twitter, Facebook post–however you normally get in contact with them!
So here are some of the blogs that I want to honor because I so enjoy reading them. (Not sure how many followers some of them have, but I like them, so I'm doing it!)
1. Peanut Butter Hair: Bea is the mom of four children close in age to mine (except she has a girl in there). She tells sweet stories about her darling family. She blogs often, so it's fun to go to her page and find a new story.
2. Ties of Grace: I got chills reading Robin's blog! It's like we live parallel lives. We've both lost a son, and had babies after their deaths. Words that she wrote about her experiences were some of the same that I have felt and wrote. She inspires me because her faith is still holding strong in spite of her tragedy.
3. Life's Little Lessons with Lujack: Sarah has two adorable boys, and she's been through a lot to have her precious family. She and her high school sweetheart Hubby have been through a heart transplant and infertility together.
4. Life In The Mom Lane: Erin has a son she calls Tank. She is real and funny and I can sooo relate!
5. Pieces of Me: I have just started reading Kelly's new blog, and I'm interested in reading more. Her blog is a hodge-podge of art, writing, nature, and family, plus stories of some of her personal struggles. I can't wait to see how it develops.
Okay, people, this post took me two days to write - two days! There are so many amazing bloggers out there, it was hard to narrow it down. Give these blogs some love and some traffic.
Speaking of traffic, be sure to "like" kissing the frog on Facebook to get all of my updates about blog postings here and on Her View From Home. Plus read this article on how to make a Facebook list for all your favorite blog pages.