I keep having dreams about Joey. I think it's because I haven't really worked on my book very much. I do have about 20,000 words - it's just that they are not put together in any sort of semblance that a reader could follow. It's been harder than I thought, bringing up all those old memories and things I haven't thought about for three years. But, I know I owe it to him and to the rest of my family.
My first print article came out in a local magazine this week, which was super exciting (of course, I found a typo in it which drives me NUTS!). It was an article about keeping pets safe in winter, and the feature photo was a little striped cat. Regular readers and friends will know that Joey's favorite stuffed animal was a stripey kitten. The irony of that being the photo on my first real freelance article does not escape me. Without Joey, I wouldn't be writing,
Here's what I wrote:
- This list of depression fighting tips after doing a bit of soul searching.
- I talked about the problems with the family bed.
- I partnered with some other inspirational mamas to create a free e-book on JOY! Go get yours.
- I talked about how sometimes I feel like my mothering is just one long epic fail.
- I invited another mama to share her grief story of losing her daughter to cancer.
Stuff I loved from other bloggers:
- This from Brenna at Suburban Snapshots. We're all doing it, the best we know how.
- This ode to best friends at In the Powder Room.
- These amazing gift guides put together by the savvy and smart Anna of My Life and Kids.
- This general silliness about Thanksgiving by Kristi of Finding Ninee.
It's a big shopping week next week! If you don't want to go anywhere, please consider checking out Amazon.com through the ad on my sidebar. ModCloth, a super cute retro site that I love (in the pic below I'm wearing a ModCloth tunic), is having 50% off sales all weekend. As an affiliate, I get a portion of the sales.
Wishing all my American readers a very Happy Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful week everyone!!
For more silly Thanksgiving memes, head over to the Underachiever's Guide to Being a Domestic Goddess.