Of course, this keeps happening at my house:
Oh well, here's where I've been and what I've said in case you've missed it:
- I talked about the divisive nature of motherhood. People agreed - can't we all just get along?
- I was on Her View From Home sharing the new mantra I'm trying out with my family.
- The third in my grief series was a moving piece about adoption loss by Kelly from My Twice Baked Potato.
- I shared a cute little piece about my two year old and what I adore about him.
- My letter to Lil' C on the first day of kindergarten was picked up by Huffington Post. If you didn't read it, you can find it here.
- And if you're lamenting the passing of lazy days at the swimming pool, you can read my take on it here on Mamalode.
Some stuff I loved from my bloggy friends:
- This post by Tara at You Know It Happens at Your House Too. She tells her kids what we're all thinking.
- Many of your shared a post by "Mrs. Hall" to her sons' girlfriends. I didn't really agree with her post. Neither did Jen of People I Want to Punch in the Throat.
- This list of reasons NOT to clean out your mini-van by Ellen and Erin of Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms.
Up in the top right corner of my blog you will see a book cover and the words "coming soon." I'm so happy to announce that I am contributing a chapter in a book by grieving moms for grieving moms. It is called Sunshine After the Storm: A Survival Guide for the Grieving Mother, expected out next month. Please like the Facebook page for more information and to see a list of the contributing bloggers.
Lastly, remember when I asked you a while back to help out a fellow blogger whose husband had died from a brief battle with cancer? Her fundraiser is almost over - only a few days left. If you can find it in your heart to give even $1, I'm sure you will be repaid at some point. Thank you, friends.